Friday, November 16, 2012

Cabin Life Part 2

The other day Chrissy and I went on a little Sanpete date, and it was awesome, so I'm going to tell you about it. We started out at El Mexicano Restaurant at Horseshoe Mountain Lodge.



It's the place to be!

My favorite conversation of the evening took place while at this restaurant.

Waitress Lady: And what would you like?
Me: I'll have the chicken fajitas.
WL: Do you want flour or corn tortillas?
Me: Flour.
[Waitress Lady walks away.]
Me: I think one of the most ridiculous questions on this planet must be, "corn or flour tortilla?"
Chris: Right? Corn is only acceptable if it's been fried.
Me: Exactly.

Dinner was followed by a visit to the Redbox, which is of course always an adventure, because I like to do things like put Magic Mike in the cart and then Chris removes them. It's a game we play, he loves it. We ended up with Moonrise Kingdom, which I had been so excited to see (and it did not disappoint). Chris was pulling for Vampire Dog, but . . . . what?


With our movie in hand, we ventured to Rodger and Jenni's Dairy Freeze for a shake. (We were going to eat dinner there, but we've been there a lot of times, so we decided to expand our Mt. Pleasant horizons and eat at the Mexican restaurant.) We got a pumpkin pie shake with a real slice of pie in it, then came home and watched the movie and ate our shake. And if you haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom, please do so. It is so great, and I was dying over the style and the lettering and adorable Sam.



When the movie was over it was still only like 9:30--the winter darkness is so weird! I felt like it was midnight, but the night was young.

So, since we are PARTY ANIMALS, we played some Yahtzee and watched The Office. And Chris was on fire, my friends! He had FOUR Yahtzees in one game! It was unbelievable. It was the most amazing Yahtzee game I'm ever seen, and peeps, I've seen some Yahtzees in my time, believe me.





Then we went to bed. Point is, cabin life is pretty great.

8 comments:

Casey said...

Sounds fun. I was trying to figure out WHAT picture is on that rug? A cow, right?

Erin said...

Haha, close! It's a horse.

krebscout said...

Corn wins.

Also, Wes Anderson can apparently do no wrong. Moonrise Kingdom was wonderful, and it is Andy's Christmas present.

Marissa said...

We just watched that movie this weekend too. We loved it! Ten points for appreciating movies that fall somewhere off the beaten path! We've been quoting it for days now. Way to have a fun date!

LMemory said...

You know what I like about you, Erin? And Chris? You're real. No irony, no Instagram filters, only one picture of your food. And it's entertaining. I read all the way to the end, every time. I love it! I'm happy you guys found each other and are living the good life, however many years later (fiveish? You were dating him during study abroad, and that was in 2007). Keep raising the bar for us all!!

alexandria said...

Again, professional blogger is in your future. Love the conversation but irony is that I love corn tortillas!!

charlotte said...

I loved when we were talking about Moonrise Kingdom and Mom was like, "Yeah, I mean I know it's like one of those really cool movies that cool people like, but I don't know, it was alright."

kate said...

I'm with you Allie. Love me some corn tortillas.