Thursday, January 31, 2013

We got an ipad so I forgot I have a blog

(I wrote this like the last week of December, but for some reason didn't publish it. But I made a New Years Resolution to write something on the blog at least once a month, hopefully more, and here we are at the last day of January and I've got nothing, so this old thing is helping me out.)

Well, we've had the ipad since May, but I really think that's part of the reason I don't blog very often anymore. I can Instagram! It's just so much faster than blogging, you know? (And on New Years Eve we actually got iPhones, so now I'm like double forgetting about the blog because of Instagram. Also, can we talk about how my old phone couldn't even get picture texts until like 6 months ago? Seriously, it just had a little picture of a paperclip. And now I have a freaking iPhone, I feel so weird about it. But I also LOVE IT.) But I do have a lot of thoughts (weird, that's so unlike me), and I wanted to write some of them down.

This morning I was thinking about the experiment with the dogs and the salivating and the bell, and I COULD NOT remember the psychologist's name. I knew I could just Google "classical conditioning" or "dogs salivating bell" and find it, but then I said, "No, Erin. You can do this." I knew it was in my brain somewhere and would eventually turn up. Then about half an hour later, out of nowhere--Pavlov! It made me wonder what else I would be able to remember on my own--"what movie is that girl in?" kind of stuff, that I tend to immediately turn to the internet for. I'm going to try and do that less.

I've decided to sacrifice my body to the holiday gods. I had a weight loss goal to meet by the end of the year, and was 5 pounds away the week of Thanksgiving. So that would have been a pound a week from then on, totes reasonable. But WHY do I think I can abstain from holiday treats? I can't, nor do I want to. So I've decided that I'm just not going to worry (very much) about the whole thing. Because YOLC2012O. (You only live Christmas 2012 once, obviously.) But we just got back from California to see Chris's fam and there was SO MUCH GOOD FOOD. I gained 3 pounds. But now I can say, "I really wanna lose 3 pounds," like Regina George, so maybe that's a good thing, really.

We saw the Hobbit on Christmas, and I have a few thoughts about it. Loved the music, as per uzh. Gollum/Smeagal/whatever that dude's name is was hard to look at, also as per uzh. Same goes for the king of the Orcs, with his disgusting double chin, and really any of the Orcs. I am very sensitive to grossness, and those guys just crossed too many lines. But I would like to live in the Elf place--Rivendell/dale? I think? Anyway, that place is pretty. On our drive home I asked Chris if we could just hop on a flight to New Zealand like RIGHT NOW. It's so beautiful! I was seriously wondering if some of it was digitally enhanced. (Katie, Adam, let's go!!) Also, was I the only person who noticed that Gandalf tied his belt like a fashion blogger? I loved it. It was like this:



So yeah. Also, speaking of Christmas--AWESOME. It was so much fun and we got so much great stuff from all the fams. Since getting married I feel like a brat on Christmas because there are 2 families giving us presents and it feels like they just keep on coming! Which is of course awesome, but I do feel a little bratty. So there's that.

4 comments:

Sterling and Bren Larsen said...

Oh, Erin. I love you and your blog. You probably don't really need to lose the weight like you think you do :) I bet you look pretty awesome :) And I love the belt comment. Insightful. Can we get together maybe on Monday? Or Sunday night? Yay! Love you.

Sterling and Bren Larsen said...

Oh, Erin. I love you and your blog. You probably don't really need to lose the weight like you think you do :) I bet you look pretty awesome :) And I love the belt comment. Insightful. Can we get together maybe on Monday? Or Sunday night? Yay! Love you.

Casey said...

Yahoo!! A Post!! I've been thinking about you because a long time ago you wrote about the Bachelor in your post; about how you hoped Ben got the worst girl because you didn't like Ben at all (or something like that). I had never watched the Bachelor, but still thought your comment was funny. ANYWAY, I by chance wondered if you are watching the Bachelor THIS season, because it has sucked me in danggit! And I've been imagining what your insights would be this time....haha. I'm totally curious what you think!!!

kate said...

Done. Let's go. It's happening.

PS Best part of today is that Adam is the one who told me to go and read your blog.