Thursday, February 2, 2012

Being healthy and bragging about it

The other day while I was making dinner, I looked down at the pan and thought, "Ooh, that is so beautiful and looks delicious!" I even took a picture of it, I was that excited.


And then I thought, "UM, WHAT? Did I just turn into a real adult?" And I think I must have. When I was younger and we liked vegetables, my mom would always say, "You must be growing up!" and now it has finally been completed, I suppose.

Also, in my head this whole thing didn't sound so pretentious, but now that I'm typing it out it just sounds so much like I'm bragging about how healthy I am and trying to make other people feel stupid if they don't think a pan full of spinach looks pretty. But you know, I'm going to stick it out and finish this post. And I hope you can too. And I hope I didn't alienate anyone or make them feel bad for loving treats. Because I love treats way way more than I love vegetables. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, that pan is full of frozen vegetables from Costco that I added some fresh spinach to. So it's not that awesome, I just opened the fire roasted balsamic vegetables bag, dumped it into the pan, added a couple handfuls of spinach, and ate it up. It was extremely low effort, no chopping necessary.

For crying out loud. The only thing I really wanted to say was that my food was pretty. In case you forgot, here it is again:


Gorgeous, right?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You make me feel really bad with your bragging of your healthy food! Just kidding, it is pretty and I think I know what I'll make for dinner tonight!

Maggie said...

Congrats on being an adult! I add spinach to everything. I can brag too.

Sara said...

Food bragger.
Two nights ago we ate frozen fish sticks. It said it was like beer battered fish and chips (which i guess when i bought them sounded good) and then i took them out of the bag and they were just bigger than normal fish sticks.
I guess I'll go buy some spinach today to make up for it.

Erin said...

Sara, I laughed out loud about that! Go get that huge Costco thing of spinach, then you have to eat it at like every meal just to use it all up before it goes bad!

Becca said...

ooooh my goodness you make me laugh so hard! it IS pretty and I bet it tasted good. I'm proud of you!

Kathleen said...

I think we are secret twins (at least Curtis thought so) because we have big spinach salads for dinner last night and I thought the same thing. Spinach has to be pretty to get people to try it. We all know it's good after trying it, but if it looked liked it tastes to a first timer....might not be good. Random thoughts. There you go.

Kristin said...

Yay for healthy! I love this post. You are fantastic.

Emily Richards said...

My co-worker leaned over (yes, I"m in a meeting) and said "Ohhh that looks good!" So I guess we're grown ups too.

Cierra said...

can you PLEASE just tell me what those round white things are amongst all the spinach? i read all the other comments hoping someone else had asked the same question, but apparently everyone else is "in the know." they look like huge monster macadamia nuts to me. is this a vegetable i am not aware of?

please...i have been staring at them for a solid 3 minutes and it is killing me.