Friday, May 13, 2011

six point five

So last week I ran a half marathon relay. So a quarter marathon. So 6.5 miles.

It was awesome. I decided I really like that distance, I think I'm going to become a 10K girl. I hadn't done it before and I really enjoyed it. Well, when it was over I really enjoyed it. For the last 2 miles I really pushed myself and I just kept thinking things like, "If I run faster I can stop sooner." "Why the H did I do this?" "Running is the worst, why do I like this?"

One thing I loved though was at about mile 6, when I had half a mile left, I really picked things up, and was passing people, and I heard a guy behind me say, "That girl is going way too fast." And I loved hearing someone say that I was fast. (I wasn't going too fast, though, because I was almost done. For only being halfway though, which he was, since he was doing the full race, I was going too fast.)

Anyway, it was fun. The other half of my team was my friend Camarie, and she did awesome. She did the second half of the race, when the sun was out in full force, and I felt bad that she had to run in the heat, but she did great. My time was 1:06, which I felt pretty good about. That includes a bathroom break as well. So who knows how fast I could have gone without it. Probably like 45 minutes.

So yeah. To the pictures!

The starting line. Oh hey, Tabernacle! Nice to see you being repaired!

Camarie and I, pre-sweating. We were so fresh back then.

Can we talk about how awesome (by which I mean awful) I look when I'm running? Chris has been at every race I've ever done, and always taken a picture of me, and I always look so terrible. But whatevs. This was coming into my finish line, which was the halfway point of the half, and Camarie's starting line.

This is right after I finished and Camarie started. I was stumbling around like a drunk man. Because I am awesome.

This is about a block from the finish. I ran out and we ran to the finish line together. It was so fun. Afterward we both admitted that we almost grabbed the other's hand as we went across the finish line, but we both thought the other one would think that was silly, so we didn't.

And I don't have any pictures of us at the end. But we did finish it, and it was awesome.

Also, I don't think you can see my new running shoes very well in any of these. But they are BOSS. Check them out.



I KNOW. They are so great. I love them a lot. Running is good.

5 comments:

Come What may ANd LOve IT said...

NICE JOB GIRLIE!!!!!! I can barely run 2 miles so your WAY ahead of me!!:)

Emily Richards said...

You are my running hero and my blogging hero.

Becca said...

woohoo way to go, erin! And Camarie! She is the one in your ward that we met right? If she is, we liked her and her hub a lot. If it isn't...I'm sure we would like her too. haha. Anyway way to go and your shoes are pretty boss. but I have to say they are MUCH brighter in person then those photos give them credit for. I like them better in person. they made me happy.

next race I do, I'm so grabbing the hand of whatever random person is next to me. hahahahaha can you imagine how amazing that would be?!!?

KILEY said...

From my experience, those shoes are WAY bluer in RL. Just saying.

Erin said...

It's true--the shoes are GLORIOUS up close. Thanks for backing me up, ladies.

Actually, last Saturday I did a 5K and like 4 women came up to me and told me how much they loved them. I felt like a STAR.