Wednesday, June 6, 2012

That would be a whole different thing, I'm thinking

Today I Googled "Utah Valley Parade of Hoes."

I meant to type HOMES, but I tell you what, it got me thinking. Like, what would that look like? Where would it be? Also, I have traditionally spelled that word describing a trashy girl like "ho" and pluralized it "hos," which would mean this is really just a gathering of garden tools, right? 

Also, it doesn't seem like the parade of HOMES has enough insane houses this year. There are a couple huge ones, but really, I'm not paying 10 bucks to go look at a sensible house that I could possibly live in someday. I want indoor pools and skating rinks and movie theaters that seat 45 people and bathrooms that are bigger than my apartment and multiple laundry rooms. You know?

Speaking of summer plans, have I mentioned what world travelers we are this summer? Well, I already went to Boston, there was a trip to Arizona, in a few weeks we're going to Wisconsin to be with Chris's siblings and spouses, and a week after THAT we're going to Europe!! I am so so so excited I can't even tell you. We're going to Germany for a week with just us, then meeting my fam in Norway, then heading to Denmark, and then Chris has to come home (BOO SCHOOL I HATE YOU) and I will stay one more week with my family and go to Nice. I CAN HARDLY STAND IT I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have always wanted to go to Europe before we had kids, and now we are. All of my dreams are coming true.

Also, if anyone has travel recommendations for those places, let me know. ok cool.

9 comments:

kate said...

I LOVED Nice. It's soo nice hahaha bad joke. But it really was great. And I'm totes jeal that you're going to Germany and Norway.

FUN SUMMER! And fun Summer Chris!!

Casey said...

Wow have FUN!!!

Amanda said...

Fun! That is going to be such an amazing trip. I wish I had recommendations for anywhere in Europe. But I'll be looking to you for recommendations when/if I ever go there.

And yes, boo school.

I'm Eleanor said...

Recommendation #1 take me to nice with you. Recommendation #2 you HAVE TO GO to villefranche sur mer (it's a port town by nice and it is gorgeous!) and #3 you have to have to have to go to the matisse and chagall museums. But mostly you should just take me with you.

LMemory said...

Europe! Remember when we were there together?? Have a FABULOUS time!

Unknown said...

Wow! You are living the dream! I'm so jealous! Have fun!

deb said...

I don't think I would like a parade of gardening tools.

Lindsey said...

So jealous! Have fun in europe and take lots of pictures so i can live vicariously through you :)
xo
Lindsey
lindseyandorlando.blogspot.com

Emily said...

1. I miss you. 2. I read your blog out loud to Charles.

Have fun in Europe! I am jealous!