Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fine, I'll blog about being thankful

So for some reason all these November thankful Facebook posts are getting to me. So I am going to blog about some things I am grateful for. I definitely won't do it every day (too much work), but I will do a few. Saying you're thankful for things really does make you FEEL more thankful, don't you think?

And today I am thankful for indoor living.

I walked to work this morning, and it was very very cold outside. But when I got to the building, it wasn't. Because we have heating and cooling systems for buildings, and isn't that such a lifesaver? It's so wonderful to come inside in the hot summer and cool down, and even more wonderful to come in from the snow and get warm. I love it.

I love hot showers too. Isn't it just amazing that we only have to turn a little knob and hot water comes out? Hot, long, showers are just so luxurious. What if to get hot water we had to heat it over a fire?

And do you realize how little time we spend worrying about waste elimination? Not to be gross, but you just go, flush, and forget about it! That is incredible. I'm not even sure where it goes, honestly. I just know it goes away from me, and I'm really happy about it.

We have beds, and couches, and carpet, and blankets, and dishes, and tables, and chairs and clothes.

And let's talk about the kitchen for a minute! How many amazing things are in there? The fridge/freezer? AMAZING. We don't have to worry about food spoiling! (As fast.) We can eat frozen treats! Fruit can be eaten cold! And if you have some food that you want warmed up, toss it in the microwave! It literally takes seconds. Toaster--amazing. Oven--amazing. Stove--amazing. We have so many things that make our lives easy just by turning a knob or pressing a button. I have never once had to cook anything in my home by starting a fire under it. We do that outside, on the gas grill that is super easy to use. See? Incredible.

There are many other luxuries like this I'm thankful for--cell phones, computers, cars, snowplows, and the like. But most of all I am thankful for living in a house, and for all the things that make it so delightful in there.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Red Kitchen-Aids--amazing.

Sara said...

You are awesome. I'm thankful for all those things... Plus you. :)

Blair said...

I've taken fieldtrips to the sewage treatment plant and the landfill. I can tell you all about where your ish goes!

Cierra said...

i love you.

the end.

Unknown said...

So I thought I had your blog on my list that I follow, but I didn't! How sad! I just rediscovered yours and added it to my list so I will be reading it when you actually update it. I agree with all the stuff you are thankful for. I think the best invention ever is washing machines. I love a washer and dryer. And I love your pictures from the previous post. Your shirt is adorable and you are so pretty! We miss you guys. Keep the good things coming!