Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Unplanned Fun

I love how sometimes the most fun things just sort of happen. Last night is a perfect example of this.

Let me set the scene. It was about 10:00 pm. I was still in workout clothes after the gym. Chris was too. But we didn't go to the gym together. I know, ridiculous. But whatever. We realized we needed some milk. So, the plan: Go to the store and get some milk. Come home and bake an almond torte to eat for dessert tomorrow.

What actually happened: We went to the store and got some milk. And some chocolate milk. And pita chips. And poppers. (I don't know what you call them, but we call them poppers. Those little bits of powder twisted up in white paper and packed in sawdust that you throw during the 4th of July parade.) We bought 4 boxes of poppers, naturally. Then we cruised through BYU and the neighborhoods south of campus and threw them at people, sometimes accompanying the loud pop with a shout of "LOOOVERS!!" if it seemed appropriate. We tried to go throw them at Shelly, but apparently she wasn't home. We got our car and Chris covered in sawdust. As we were driving up 700 East, we saw that the Awful Waffle was still open! The Awful Waffle is a Belgian waffle and crepe place that just opened kind of by J-Dawgs. The peeps that own it are in our ward, and they just opened last week, and we've been meaning to go. And now we know several things about the Awful Waffle. 1. It is DELICIOUS. 2. They are open until 11. Midnight on weekends. 3. You should all go there. It's right next to the Sinclair on the corner of 800 North and 700 East. Anyway, I had a crepe (Nutella and banana, obvs) and Chris had a waffle (strawberries), and then we went home, had a readathon (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for me, Peace Like a River for Chris), then went to bed.

And not that our original plan of a milk run and baking a cake would have been NOT fun, because it would have. But I think what we ended up doing was much, much better.

7 comments:

kate said...

Love this. And LOVE you two.

PS I always think that baking cakes is like a "gun" ;)

Erin said...

Oh for the love. Thanks Kate. Typo fixed.

Kiley said...

I want to go the the Awful Waffle RIGHT NOW! I must have it.

Unknown said...

I love this post. I wanna go to awful waffle so bad! Cannot wait until we get back so we can go.
This sounds like a great night!!

deb said...

Oh. My. Wonderful. That sounds like the best time ever. Thanks for sharing.

charlotte said...

I want to go to the waffle place because it looks cute, but, why did they give it such an awful name?

Shelly said...

I will plan to be home next time so I can have some unplanned fun too!