Monday, January 12, 2009

Endorphins

So I promised to update on my running progress, and I have yet to do so. Probably because I'm so busy running nonstop!

No, that's not true. The truth is I went through a spell of blog laziness. But I've been revived and I'm back.

I have not stuck exactly to my schedule every week. I've run every week, but not quite as many miles as I was supposed to. Last week I was supposed to do 6 and I did 3, for example.

But I'm still feeling enthusiastic. That's the endorphins, I guess. I just got back from a 3 mile run. I know to many of you a 3 mile run is like a warm up, but for me it was big. I don't think I've run 3 miles without stopping since high school. And that was about 5 years ago, mind you.

My last few workouts have felt so good. I found myself saying, "Man, I love to run," something I have never said before. So things are good.

But if you'll excuse me, Chris made peanut butter cookies (while I went running) and they are looking awfully delicious. Maybe laying off the treats should be a part of my workout plan. Maybe next year. I'm not ready to completely abandon myself just yet.


p.s.
I had to share this little tidbit--just as I was clicking "publish post," Chris was pointing my cute pink hand mixer at the sink. He said, "EJECT!" and pushed the button on top of the mixer, and I watched in wonder as the beaters flew into the sink. I stared at him and said, "That button ejects the beaters?!" And then we all had a good laugh because what? Why didn't I know that?

And another addendum: If you would like to join me for my run this Wednesday, please let me know. My email is erinqtan@gmail.com, email me and we'll set it up. I would just say on here when and where but then that creepy guy who hated my wedding and thinks I'm prejudiced against homosexuals might come shoot me.

11 comments:

Shanicherie said...

You always make me laugh! Good job on the running..I've tried many a time to 'love' it, but it has failed to work so far. Oh well, maybe after the baby I'll get desperate!

Kirsten said...

hey erin! good luck with your training. my husband and i are running a 1/2 in april. are you doing the one in provo?

Cierra said...

erin my loooove! (that is supposed to be sung, not read)

oh how i wish i could be there to be your running buddy! i think you would probably make the best running buddy for me because you would just make me laugh the whole time that i wouldn't even mind the fact that my body was in excruciating pain.

and WHAT?? someone hated your wedding and thinks your a homophobe?? what in the WORLD?! hahaha i'm sorry but that is hilarious...please do explain.

Nickell said...

Yes, please do explain. I know nothing of said "creepy guy".

just nikki said...

Yeah, you gotta watch out for that creepy blogger who hates you. He'll getcha fo sho.

I'd love to go running with you. I don't think I'm able to run 3 miles right now, though. Do you go outside? It's freezing! I went last week and my lungs almost died. Perhaps I'll email you...

e.p. said...

Erin, when I first read the title of this post I thought it said "Endomorphins" and I was like, "What on earth are endomorphins? Are they some kind of special endorphin that make you morph into an amazing runner?" Just kidding, I didn't actually think the second part, but I certainly thought you had some morphing going on. You are inspiring! I am going to try to run tomorrow.

alexandria said...

Oh i love the creepy guy that hates you!!

the.kim.peterson said...

There's a creepy guy who thinks you hate homosexuals. Well young missy, just send him o'er here and I'll get him set straight. Also, I need a good run, too bad I'm in smog filled asia.

Becca said...

Erin, I am so glad that you like the prego girl on my blog. I wish I looked as good as she does pregnant. But let's face it, my boobs are way bigger, and not as perky. And that's not the main difference between us. She looks like she weighs...nothing. Hahah.

Please tell the creep guys story.

If you run outside, I can't go with you because I can't go 3 miles. But if you just run around a track or on a tredmill, I will come and just run whatever I run. But really I'm a jogger/walker. Not a runner.

Holly-O said...

i can hardly run 1 mile without wanting to quit. i admire your 3. good work!

Karyn said...

If you love it now, you always will. You're awesome!